Author Topic: Playing with the Budgie and other bored notes  (Read 3507 times)

cheiron

• Global Moderator
  • Site Moderator for Planetwatt.com
    • View Profile
Playing with the Budgie and other bored notes
« on: February 03, 2019, 12:48:39 PM »
So i've been having a bit of a play with the new 19.04 edition of Budgie, which is one of the ubuntu flavours and despite the fact its only 64 bit now.. I must admit, I've been impressed by its speed and ease of use. Up against, Xubuntu and Lubuntu .. I much prefer  This version of Ubuntu.

On the "bored" note...... I dropped a new OS on my spare lappy to compare against WattOS the other week.. This OS was the quirky and unusual Elive OS which is based on Deb and uses Enlightenment.
Elive was born in Belgium prior to 2005 as a private experiment by its founder to customize a Knoppix Live CD running the Enlightenment and with the designs based in the Evil Entity distro, it was called Tezcatlipotix.

Do i like it.... not sure to be honest.. I've never been a fan of enlightenment (bodhi especially) but i must admit, Elive has caused me to sit back and have a second think.... It wont be a replacement though for me against the much simpler to use WattOS.

So.. thats my thoughts for the week....

ulisseskat

• View Profile
Re: Playing with the Budgie and other bored notes
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 03:03:46 PM »
I tried lots of OS and always come back to wattOS.

cheiron

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 03:11:48 PM »
I tried lots of OS and always come back to wattOS.

Oh i totally agree with you there... I'd be quite happy to see a version of Watt spun off from either Budgie or Elive.. provided that darn elightenment was got rid of lol...  the problem.. is the 32 bit side

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 03:43:53 PM »
You do realize you can get 32 bit with mini iso?

cheiron

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 07:38:40 PM »
I do yes Leenie.. It was just a reference to the overall OS that was all!

herndon.jeffreys

• Love Conquers All
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 12:26:35 AM »
Has anyone played around with Sparky Linux?  Looks interesting, but I am a little leery of rolling releases.  My guess is that some rolling releases are more stable than others....

cheiron

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 08:33:35 AM »
Has anyone played around with Sparky Linux?  Looks interesting, but I am a little leery of rolling releases.  My guess is that some rolling releases are more stable than others....

Sparky is ok i guess, but in relation to beginners to linux.. sparky is not ideal in any way, whereas the likes of WattOS tend to be alot more favourable. with over 20 different "desktops" available with sparky.. i found it a bit overkill.. but yeah its not a bad distro and was ok to use.  :)