Help and Support > wattOS R8

Microwatt Status

<< < (2/2)

thriftee:
Reworded: Midori is fine.  I just did a head to head comparison of qupailla, midori, iceweasel and seamonkey, using a test of dispalying a mostly text webpage and playing a youtube video (i installed the flashplugin-nonfree for that) and midori was by far the lightest on memory usage because it didn't use any more memory than the others, but it saved about 60 mb because it didn't load a separate program additionally to play the video.  So my new favorite is Midori :)

What I really like about your R8 is that because you are running the newer kernel and xorg, my video works without special drivers.

I think my not being able to compile problems and broken packages trying to install things might be related to that "dependency problem" you mentioned. 

I would rather see a stable wheezy distro, and a separate jessie based tesing distro, that becomes the new stable distro eventually.  You have more good than glitches here, and I think it would be best to fix as many glitches as reasonable, and when its pretty solid, move on to new jessie based code, 

Anyway, I like your microwatt, and think its a good distro :)

biffster:
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

There will be a new Microwatt release in the next 2 weeks likely (sooner if work allows), will post it formally sometime in the next 3-4 days with details/apps. I will follow the Stable/unstable path with a 8.1 Wheezy only Microwatt release, then later this year an 8.5 for all..... This will get things clean relative to some of the dependency things that are floating about.

To be clear, this 8.1 update will be for Microwatt only. Details to follow

tks,
biff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version