Help and Support > wattOS R8

still using R8

(1/2) > >>

Maroman:
installed on asusu laptop more than two years ago. still in use. any problems. wattos R8/debian wheezy is one of the best (at least for me).
I'm thinking on upgrading to devaun jessie. probably, due to dependency reasons, the only problem with network manager (wicd should be installed instead ?). is there anyone who did this.

cheers,

cheiron:
We would normally advise not to upgrade the base as wattos is written to it and upgrading could potentially  break things.  I'll hold this comment up until Biff or one of the other senior members advise other (fixes etc for upgrading )

leenie:
I agree with cheiron. Clean install is the only way.

Maroman:
wattos R8 is as a matter of fact Debian remix (=100% compatible with Debian). and, look here https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/wikis/Upgrade-to-Devuan. if you change repos, only network manager doesn't meet all dependencies. nm can be replaced with wicd. where is the problem of upgrading R8 to devaun? experiment might be very interesting and gives new life to the best wattos version.

cheers,

blaze:
Be sure to backup before upgrading if you follow that route. Personally I would make a clean install. But it is your system, so you are the boss. Good luck! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version