Author Topic: NVIDIA Legacy Driver Installation Problems :(  (Read 11585 times)

cuscotravelservices

• View Profile
    • Cusco Travel Services
Re: NVIDIA Legacy Driver Installation Problems :(
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 04:41:38 AM »
Do you have anything odd in your boot lines?

Not that I'm aware of.

Can you try doing the whole sequence with a different monitor attached?

Tried that already when I used the Live USB with my old computer and installed nvidia-xconfig which produced the same results as on the target PC even though a different graphics card was being used.

Those are the only things left that I can think of if 3.2.0-4 kernel, nvidia drivers, and nvidia-xconfig don't solve it.

The monitor and graphical rendering are functioning fine with the Option "metamodes" line and the HorizSync and VertRefresh I have specified in the xorg.conf file.

If you have space on the drive, crunchbang 11 or antix 13.2 and debian wheezy all have worked for me doing it that way.  Antix is a quick install.

I have antiX 14R Alpha 2 on a Live USB. Should installing nvidia-xconfig on it produce the results you are anticipating?

thriftee

• View Profile
Re: NVIDIA Legacy Driver Installation Problems :(
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 04:56:00 AM »
Live is not the same as installed

I'm only talking about this graphics card, only with 3.2.0-4 kernel, only with nvidia proprietary drivers

If everything is working fine, YOU ARE DONE, LOL

I doubt the newer antix can or will work with the proprietary driver because I doubt it can run the old kernel or old xorg server.   I would get the NEWEST antiX 14.3 to try it with, not the 2nd one.  If it can boot, my guess is the video will work out of the box with no xorg.conf at all.  My old Dell 8100 can't boot it, but my others do well with it.  Debian Jessie works on mine, but its very big and slow on the old machine, so you need a tuned version of it, like WattOS 9 will hopefully be, or Crunchbang 12 or antiX 14.x, but none of them are final yet, so keep that in mind if timing as well as stability is critical.