Author Topic: Nothing but love... but..  (Read 1596 times)

CharlieK

• View Profile
    • Just my little website
Nothing but love... but..
« on: January 09, 2019, 12:44:30 PM »
So I love WattOS but I keep running into installation issues, It's why I am hesitant installing WattOS these days.

This was tested in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions on several systems at work.

Issue 1: Encrypt drive with LVM crashes the installer. I can not really offer data evidence of this as I don't seem to get any log files other than that it crashed.
Issue 2: When creating a password, I have to make sure it's not too complicated: Tur0k,Z3ld@'r0xX0rs&. Or else it crashes on this too.
Issue 3: When selecting Update and third party installation, it tends to crash as well.

I have tried it in many configurations but what keeps working for me is no drive encryption, no complicated passwords and no updates/third party stuff.

The thing is that I tested this with Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu and other flavors. No problems and all works as I want it to be. Even Parrot and Kali don't have this issue.

Can others reproduce this as well? Have others had issues with this? Here in the Netherlands part of the new GDPR is also the need for an encrypted drive upon installation.
It means I can't use Microwatt as a server for now for the org I am working for...

And yes, I know it's late to say this since R11 is released this year. But still it's something to think about and test for R11.
Say Automobile ten times and it loses its meaning.
Say Coffee ten times and it continues to make me drool.