Author Topic: [solved] mouse freezing  (Read 1995 times)

Maroman

[solved] mouse freezing
« on: July 09, 2014, 07:58:35 AM »
hi, I've installed wattos, lxde edition and have found at least one unsolved problem. deals with wireless mouse (logitech m185 I suppose).

working on my notebook mouse freezes. after leaving mouse for a moment it doesn't work. I have to move it around and it starts in a few seconds. but the problem exists only if I use batteries. works normal with ac current. I've checked different distros (debian and so on) and problem doesn't exist there. it seems to be power management problem.

is there any suggestion, better solution??

cheers,
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:15:26 PM by Maroman »

biffster

• wattOS - head nerd
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: mouse freezing
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 06:27:44 PM »
The USB device is autosuspending with batteries being used. You can either tell the system to not suspend specific peripherals on battery, or all mouse type or storage type items.

Easily fixed by going to

/etc/laptop-mode/conf.d/usb-autosuspend.conf

Its a well commented file.

Read and edit the text file entering either the ID of your USB peripheral

or find the line
AUTOSUSPEND_USBTYPE_BLACKLIST=""

and change it to

AUTOSUSPEND_USBTYPE_BLACKLIST="usbhid usb-storage"

then save....

This will make it so none of your pointing devices or storage devices plugged into USB suspend.

Maroman

Re: [solved] mouse freezing
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:23:18 PM »
thanks a lot. you are great  :). I've met the problem (as a matter of fact it's not a problem) first time ever. Generally wattos is very light. power consumption according to powerstat is less than 10 W (I've noticed powertop installed. figures are a bit higher.). I blacklisted only id of my mouse. There is nice tutorial for archlinux.

cheers,