Help and Support > wattOS R10

Official - New wattOS R10 info thread

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dan:
If I didn't know anything about wattOS previously, I'd want to use it just for that login screen!

vrkalak:
I have a separated Partition all ready for WattOS-10   8)

blaze:
Sweet  :)

biffster:
Hi all - thanks for the patience. The ISO's will be uploaded tonight - it will be late, but it will get done tonight..... Just finishing up microwatt.... both 32 and 64bit LXDE are done and ready. Will post the details of programs, etc. in the next couple hours. Just trying now to "slim-up" the Microwatt footprint. I have included the broadcom and DKMS (dynamic kernel module support) which take up a good bit of extra space, but improves compatibility for broadcom chipset wireless systems (lot of older Dell and others use broadcom a lot) and wireless out of the box is important to me. So I am sacrificing ISO size slightly for hardware compatibility. Have also tested successfully the 32bit on a non-pae CPU (my 13 year old Dell D500) and it works with the "forcepae" option. I will outline that in the wiki, etc. for those who are trying to use that.

biffster:
last "informal" update then the real stuff comes out. Here is the plan. I am going to delay microwatt for now (week or two - maybe less) so I can finish getting the kinks worked out. The installer is having some issues with it and I don't want to release a 50/50 reliable install - which is what Microwatt is right now.

BUT - I see no reason to delay the release of the LXDE 32 and 64bit - So I am going to announce that and update the site, send to distrowatch, etc. in the next 2 hours (how long it takes to upload the ISO's, start seeding torrent, update the website, send the required details to distrowatch - package lists, etc).

So thats next - working now :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version