Author Topic: Website redirection Issue  (Read 2730 times)

Mike

Website redirection Issue
« on: September 14, 2016, 01:29:32 AM »
This is more for Biff...

It looks like www.planetwatt.com is forwarding to the new site but http://planetwatt.com is still going to the old site. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but you'll want to tweak your .htaccess file on the server or the A record for your domain at hostgator or enom.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:31:06 AM by Mike »

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
Re: Website redirection Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 07:42:33 AM »
And when you click on the forum link at Distrowatch, where you get the short summary about wattOS, you get directed to the old forum.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

... and when SOLVED, please edit thread title in first post! :)

biffster

• wattOS - head nerd
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 12:03:03 AM »
Thanks guys Ill take a look. The forwarding rules are up on cloudflare. The .htaccess is fine, but I have noticed some wonkiness with cloudflare and caching, etc.

tks,
biff

biffster

• wattOS - head nerd
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 08:18:12 PM »
Yep...rules are right in cloudflare and in the .htaccess but still seems to be an issue (think its hostgator and cloudflare as a cocktail as the redirects are all 301 permanent, but it seems to ignore - will probably do a fiddler trace later) Have had issues with cloudflare and hostgator in the past.... Put a notice up on the old site for now with a link to redirect. Not clean I know, but not a priority right now. Will look at once Microwatt is done and traffic for that calms down.

Thanks however for the heads up in any case. :)