Author Topic: Can I install WattOS on the side of others distros (résolu)  (Read 1724 times)

enebre

• View Profile
Hi every body, I m just new in the group, I would like to install this nice looking distro.
Can I install WattOS on the side of others distros,
When I run the installation program I have a windows with only two option sda 160 Go or sdb 1 Go
Well I made some partitioning to receive WattOs, the installer doesn't show me that partition , so I quit to ask before, what can I do.
Thank for your help
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:36:32 PM by enebre »

thriftee

• View Profile
Re: Can I install WattOS on the side of others distros
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 06:43:50 AM »
I will say what I think are the best solutions, but realize that there is risk when messing around with partitions, so you need to be careful and back important things up offline.

I prefer to leave windows alone and add a drive to use to load other operating systems.

If I can't do that, then I free up space and reduce the size of the windows partition, and use a live boot to run gparted and create a new partition sized, labeled and formatted for the operating system to be installed.  Then I write down the structure to be able to refer to it when i do the install.  I allow 8 to 10 gb per operating system.

I had no problem installing.  I have windows vista on the sda drive and 6 different linux distros on the sdb drive.

Get wattOS - Microwatt Edition 8 - CDROM - ISO File - BitTorrent

enebre

• View Profile
Re: Can I install WattOS on the side of others distros
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 06:36:05 PM »
thriftee, thank you for your answer, so I push further the install and every things come perfect, I install WattOS on the side of XUbuntu Voyager 14.04 and also on the side of a recovery of windows and windows vista himself, shrinked  to maximum, I never use it, then next time I have to format it goes to garbage to give more room to WattOs.
Now I m going the work a bit on Debian System to find my way for tuning a bit this nice  little think...
 :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:39:26 PM by enebre »