User Zone > General Discussion

Browser Wars

(1/12) > >>

leenie:
Every year I install a variety of browsers to compare. This year, it turns out a blink based browser impressed me! It is called SlimJet. Does anyone else do the same?

Dan:
I've used Slimjet before and liked it...might have to try it again. I usually have 3 browsers on my system. One for general browsing (chrome or chromium), one for general browsing and online banking/shopping (firefox), and midori for a couple of specific sites.

leenie:
Hi Dan,

if you have used Slimjet before, you must try it again. Using the same addons I use on Firefox, it still runs a little lighter.

Dan:
Wow...based on Chromium but lighter than Firefox?  I just looked at their website, and I think I'll be installing this tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me about SlimJet leenie!

Has anyone tried Vivaldi lately? I did about a year ago (or more). I liked it okay, but there were no plugins for it at the time...though some people said that they were using a couple of plugins from the Chrome store. I could never get any to work. It was also resource hungry. Just wondering how it has come along since then.

leenie:
I haven't tried Vivaldi lately. I found it to be resource hungry too. SRWare Iron was in this years test, not newbie friendly to set up, but easier than last  time I tried it. Still heavy. Since 32bit Chromium and 32bit Google Chrome are putting up messages about not being supported in Linux and Firefox (with the freshplayer plugin) really taxes my cpu when looking at videos, I decided to look for alternatives. I do hope Slimboat is still going to support 32bit...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version