Author Topic: updates and other wattos problems  (Read 1856 times)

MrKitty

• View Profile
updates and other wattos problems
« on: July 07, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »
i instaled wattos the one with openbox and asks me for a paswword to run the update program and a few other programs i tryed my password (the one i made during setup) i allso tryed toor and watt ttaw and a few other things nuthing is working :-( i thowt it might be a install problem so i tryed reinstalling it and it still askes me for this password that i have no idea what it can be pleas HELP!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
Re: updates and other wattos problems
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 04:04:41 AM »
Are you sure you have typed the right password ? No caps lock on ? And what other programs is not working that you mention ? If you really want help you have to be more precise.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

... and when SOLVED, please edit thread title in first post! :)

cheiron

• Global Moderator
  • Site Moderator for Planetwatt.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 05:10:54 AM »
@MrKitty

WattOS on livecd has sudo as default... when you install WattOS R8 ... it reverts to su .. you need to open terminal and type gksu-properties and then change su back to sudo and you should be good to go :)

MrKitty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 04:43:17 PM »
Cheiron thank you that has fixed my problem seams like there should be a txt file placed on the desktop telling people about this bug