Author Topic: Themes for LXDE?  (Read 4526 times)

cuscotravelservices

• View Profile
    • Cusco Travel Services
Themes for LXDE?
« on: July 31, 2014, 10:47:11 PM »
Hi Biff et al,

I'm looking for themes with a Dark orientation.

Will any of the themes at http://gnome-look.org/ be compatible with wattOS R8 LXDE?

Thanks, Michael.

zephyr

Re: Themes for LXDE?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 06:43:56 AM »
Hi Michael: New to WattOS and quite a noob still to Linux, but I have learned that most all themes from openbox will work for LXDE. I'm using WattOS LXDE R8 and use themes from other OS's. I have also learned that you can access your file system with root privilege (gksu) and whatever file manager "gksu pcmanfm" and will have access to root files, also allowed to access "usr/share/themes" also works for "usr/share/icons. I open two file manager windows, both root. I add from my harvested themes and icon stash to either I wish to add. I have not had a lot of luck with gdebi installing themes, but this works well, always works. It is sort of a workaround.  I have spare hard drives which I experiment with, trying out new openbox or really just any Debian OS, I harvest the icons and themes, have many interesting themes and icons this way. I prefer PCmanFM file manger, I can extract a downloaded zip file, extract it and proceed to adding the theme or icon as I mentioned. I also prefer the dark themes, and icons. There are plenty out there to be downloaded. My favorites are Azenis and F-Variant. Openbox, I use Box-look.org, also try gnome or just google for themes. If you have any trouble with what I suggested, or more clarity, be happy to send me a message. I would say if you are using WattOS LXDE, it is most probably one of the best Debian distros out, someone has a real passion for perfection. Thanks. Zephyr