General Category > wattOS Talk

WattOS Security Distro

(1/4) > >>

CharlieK:
So, I've been delving a lot into IT security these days and already made quite some discoveries at work that I fixed. And then I came up with an idea.

WattOS lends itself well to be a good Security distro. (Looking at Biff now). I personally am using Microwatt as I kind of like the looks of things.

The Questions:

1) Once R11 is released, would it be all right if I modify the Microwatt distro slightly to make it more parrot/kali like?
2) Could this perhaps be a project where more people work on?
3) Could it be called WattOS Security? (Out of respect)
4) Perhaps also be part of this community/site?
5) Would more people be interested in such a distro and perhaps work on it?

It's just a bunch of questions and I am not doing anything just yet as I personally am a bit busy with work. But it's definitely an idea for the near future.

Dear regards,
Me. :)

leenie:
CharlieK, you have my attention. I like this idea! I too, am very security minded and do everything (including using TENS) I can to be as secure as possible.

CharlieK:
Hah cool!

We could have a good secure system aimed at testing and more!

For now my time is rather taken. But I expect within two weeks I can actually do more.

Any other people wanting to join up?

CharlieK:
There is one issue with TENS though. It's an NSA/AF related OS. Is it really secure or is it as secure as NSA want it to be?
Also. Who really owns .mil TDL?

So perhaps TAILS would be a better solution to combine it with a security related OS.

--- Quote from: leenie on January 09, 2019, 01:17:45 AM ---CharlieK, you have my attention. I like this idea! I too, am very security minded and do everything (including using TENS) I can to be as secure as possible.

--- End quote ---

leenie:
My only concern with TENS is that it has Firefox browser in it. Firefox is going the way of Chrome in that it "phones home to mama." I quit using it. I use Chromium. Brave browser is pretty good too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version