Author Topic: Touchpad and mouse issues (solved myself)  (Read 2624 times)

n_spect_r

• View Profile
Touchpad and mouse issues (solved myself)
« on: May 26, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »
I am currently using R5 and am trying the R8 live from flashdrive on ASUS 1005HAB.  R5 works fine just wanted to try something new.  The issues are that taps on the touchpad do nothing and a USB mouse shuts off after around 3 seconds. As long as I keep moving the mouse or click it, it will continue to work.  If I stop for 3 seconds the light goes off and the mouse  stops.  I need to click it to get it working again.    I finally gave up on microwatt and decided to try R8 LXDE again. 

NEW PORTION
Solved the touchpad clicks easily enough by installing synaptiks.  Added benefit I can disable the touchpad for two seconds after any kestroke.  Solving the mouse issue took some time but I discovered it is caused by a bonehead idea of power saving by turning off the USB port if idle for 2 seconds.  Why anyone would choose such a low number is beyond me.  Edited file ;  sys/bus/usb/devices/4-1/power/ autosuspend_delay_ms from 2000 to 92000.  Now at least the mouse will stay on for 92 seconds.  I might try 999999 just to see what happens.  I can live with the 92 seconds for now.  So far I like R8 LXDE, was running R5 for the past six or eight months.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:08:24 AM by n_spect_r »

biffster

• wattOS - head nerd
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Touchpad and mouse issues (solved myself)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 05:21:57 AM »
Thanks for the followup information.

There are posts about synaptics and the USB power saving setttings in the old forums. Have not had time to yet move some of those articles and information here to the new forums.

Sorry if it has caused you some frustration. New release, new platform (Debian) and new forums, and real work outside of wattOS all add up to a little slower response. I have help from some loyal folks that I greatly appreciate, but sometimes things take a little time.

enjoy...biff

LimboMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 05:07:50 PM »
Enjoying the new release on my "classic" Asus Eee PC 701.  Still don't have a solution to my issue of my touchpad not registering any taps (single or double taps).  Tried installing the synaptics touchpad configuration packages but it doesn't seem to work.  Any suggestions for the Eee PC?

PS the two-finger scroll works

cheiron

• Global Moderator
  • Site Moderator for Planetwatt.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 05:50:52 PM »