Help and Support > wattOS R8

Bug on Microwatt R8

(1/1)

cheiron:
Microwatt R8 does have another bug that i could do with a bit of a help addressing..

When you add a program through installation.. it doesnt automatically add it to the menu (right click on the desktop).. you have to manually add it through QUI which is a pain in the ass unless you go into all programs and see them there..

fix please ??

biffster:
Hi there...its not a bug..it was on purpose. Crunchbang does it the same way. (but is much more mature and elegant than my first attempt in my opinion  ;))

There are a couple of "automatic" menu tools that can build a menu based upon the .desktop or other methods. I tested several and did not like them as they added giant menu structures. full of things that were not needed so I was trying to keep it simple and added the gui menu editor instead.

When I get some time (probably Sunday west coast US time) I will add some links and KB info on those as options as I know some people prefer that.

tks,

biff

Jeffrywith1e:
Funny. I was going to say Crunchbang did this too.

biffster:
Oh..hey missed that Balloon already added the quickest way (and they way a lot of openbox distros do it...by adding the Debian menu)

Read this post if you want to give that a whirl

http://planetwatt.com/newforum/index.php?topic=13.0

cheiron:
I did see that and had already addressed the issue whilst microwatt was in beta testing stage before you released it. but i wanted to avoid having that extra menu tier system as there was already a menu system in place which was why i queried the "bug"  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version