General Category > News and Announcements

WattOS R12 is here.. new website, forum and more...

(1/3) > >>

cheiron:
Hi Folks..

It's here!!!

New website, R12... download links and a new forum setup

https://www.planetwatt.com/

JBHoren:
I'm gobsmacked! I downloaded the ISO image and created a bootable, live USB drive via unetbootin, only to then discover that it is for an X86_64 CPU. Does WattOS-R12 really not support 32-bit systems? Isn't that a major purpose of WattOS? Admittedly, I might/must have missed the notice, but surely there's room in the Release Notes to mention a system requirement such as this. Please advise.

As Emily Litella used to say, "Never mind." I read a post from May, 2021 in a related thread, and saw that a 64-bit system is a prerequisite for WattOS-R12. How 'bout dat. I previously ran WattOS-R2 on 32-bit hardware, so when I read that -R12 was based on Debian "Bullseye", I figured that -R12 would also support my 32-bit systems. Silly me. Of course, my ASUS 900A (32-bit) currently runs Debian "Bookworm", so my assumption about -R12 was not unfounded. I guess the old adage still holds true: "If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it."

Good luck!

blaze:
Welcome back!  8)

I nearly fell off the chair when I saw the news. Really cool to see wattOS back on it´s feet again.  :)

cheiron:

--- Quote from: JBHoren on November 20, 2022, 05:47:12 AM ---I'm gobsmacked! I downloaded the ISO image and created a bootable, live USB drive via unetbootin, only to then discover that it is for an X86_64 CPU. Does WattOS-R12 really not support 32-bit systems? Isn't that a major purpose of WattOS? Admittedly, I might/must have missed the notice, but surely there's room in the Release Notes to mention a system requirement such as this. Please advise.

As Emily Litella used to say, "Never mind." I read a post from May, 2021 in a related thread, and saw that a 64-bit system is a prerequisite for WattOS-R12. How 'bout dat. I previously ran WattOS-R2 on 32-bit hardware, so when I read that -R12 was based on Debian "Bullseye", I figured that -R12 would also support my 32-bit systems. Silly me. Of course, my ASUS 900A (32-bit) currently runs Debian "Bookworm", so my assumption about -R12 was not unfounded. I guess the old adage still holds true: "If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it."

Good luck!

--- End quote ---
Hi JB.. i was gonna say.. pop over to our discord server where we can offer live help but i have just seen you there! posts on 32bit to follow

cheiron:

--- Quote from: blaze on November 20, 2022, 08:41:52 AM ---Welcome back!  8)

I nearly fell off the chair when I saw the news. Really cool to see wattOS back on it´s feet again.  :)

--- End quote ---

heya Blaze! Yeap, we alive and kicking and live once more.. come join us over on discord bud https://discord.com/invite/gzfgJVeytj

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version