General Category > Feedback and Suggestions

wiki dead?

(1/2) > >>

jan6:
hi, I'm new here, but...wiki's first page is placeholder for r10...and not updated since 2016...meanwhile looking at the forums I see there seem to be plans for r11 by now...
I'm pretty sure that even a single person could write up something in a year...
also, has this whole community always been extremely quiet, or is it also practically-dead? I see a few posts from this year but the next post below it is often already a year old, and the freenode channel was absolutely empty when I checked, no idlers, no nothing...
I'm just interested...maybe it's just so perfect that nobody's having any issues, I wouldn't know...although I do know that when installing to virtualbox and selecting the "set up apt stuff during install" then apt refused to work, and by extention synaptic too...looks like some directories missing or something, all was fine when that option was left unchecked...

pezfeo:
Just not a very talkative group,  seems like they used to be a bit more talkative.
It seems that new versions used to be released in a more timely manner, 
but I think one of the main people in the project has had less time to work on
 new releases due to more duties at work (or something like that, maybe?).

I've encountered 2 problems using WattOS. 
 1.) making a network share folder was made more difficult
 2.) VLC - was difficult to get to install, worked a few months and started black-screening.

blaze:
Hi guys! wattOS is mainly a one man show, and he has a life. So sometimes certain priorities has to be made.

But please ask away if you need assistance, there might be a good idea lurking in the shadows.  8)

leenie:
We are all watching the forum.

jan6:
It would be a good idea to either say in the wiki that's it's dead on the wiki itself, or update it, or something...it's showing as if it'll be updated in the next 72 hours or so, but hasn't been updated since last year, really...
main page has link to the wiki, but wiki lacks any info about r10 while r11 is already discussed at forums...
and stuff...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version