Author Topic: "Oops" during power down - should I report as a bug?  (Read 1627 times)

trueriver

• View Profile
"Oops" during power down - should I report as a bug?
« on: June 22, 2014, 06:40:53 AM »
hi wattOS r8 is currently failing during power down. This does not seem to cause any real problems, as I can use the power button and nothing seems borken when I start again.

The message it shows is

[FAIL] startpar: services returned failure: fnfxd ... failed

and it then sits there showing that message till I press the physical power button.

Should I report this as a bug? And if so, where is the bug report facility, please?

And how do I access the rest of the closedown messages when I log on again - there is a traceback just above the line I quoted, which might be of use to someone if I do post a bug.

Many thanks, this is still a bit clunky at the monent (at least on this machine) but I'm quite enthusiastic about the changeover to Debian so I am happy to give any feedback that will help the tekkies "de-cunk" it a bit.

River~~

River~~

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
Re: "Oops" during power down - should I report as a bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 07:48:55 AM »
Is there anything of interest in /var/log/syslog? What happens if you shutdown from the terminal?

Code: [Select]
sudo shutdown -h now
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

... and when SOLVED, please edit thread title in first post! :)