Author Topic: Games  (Read 7076 times)

CharlieK

• View Profile
    • Just my little website
Games
« on: February 12, 2017, 03:16:22 PM »
Just wondering.. What type of games, when one has the time to play those, do all play using WattOS/Wine?

For me that's mostly the oldschool games as I mentioned in other topics.

- Red Alert II Yuri's Revenge
- Diablo II Lord of Destruction
- As of today also Shadow Man (with retexture pack)
- As of today also some old DosBOX/MS Dos games.

Again, only when one has the time.. real life tends to catch up a lot for all of us.
Say Automobile ten times and it loses its meaning.
Say Coffee ten times and it continues to make me drool.

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Games
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 03:27:17 PM »
I play DXBall, Zuma Deluxe, Dungeon Seige 1 & 2, Nintendo64 games, Super Nintendo games, NES games, Kingdoms of Amalur, Reckoning and many more. The really old games work better in playonlinux so I can choose the best version of wine for them.

CharlieK

• View Profile
    • Just my little website
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 08:50:44 PM »
Aw man.. looking at the NES/SNES/N64 made me relive some of those days. Faxanadu (NES), Lufia II (SNES, etc. Awesome games back then on the consoles.

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 08:49:58 PM »
I've been using an emulator called Virtuanes for my nes games. Lately I have been playing Dr. Mario...

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 01:26:18 AM »
I know this isn't anything to do with Linux, but if anyone here ever plays MarioKart online, and you see someone named BurntNoodle, that's me.  ;D

CharlieK

• View Profile
    • Just my little website
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 08:21:29 PM »
Looking up what PlayOnLinux is made me hooked due to one game that now actually runs.. TES Morrowind GOTY. wow.

I'll look into the emulators soon.

But I must say that I was also surprised that my Logitech gamepad works without needing to install anything. All buttons work as they should. I tested that in Shadow Man, and wow.

I remember Mario Kart from the SNES.. and now I remember F-Zero as well. I'll be making some time to properly game soon!

I do remember that in ye olden times the ZSNES allowed for online gaming (multiplayer through LAN). Is that still the case with some of the emulators?

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 01:38:46 PM »
Not sure about the online gaming for SNES. I use Snes9x emulator. The controls are already set up the way I like. I  keep both Virtuanes and Snes9x in a folder in my dcuments and run from there. Oh, I forgot about the Visual Boy Advance 1.8.0 Beta3...Project64 1.6 is better than the newer version available in playonlinux. Of course you have to have rom collections for all of these. Have fun!

biffster

• wattOS - head nerd
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 03:57:53 PM »
Steam is a godsend for games :) - works like a champ...Also playonlinux....while sometimes takes some fiddling...I have world of warcraft, hearthstone, Diablo 3, and Heroes of the Storm all working :) - I have a hotrod rig, so that helps...But I have over 100 Steam games that run on linux :)

CharlieK

• View Profile
    • Just my little website
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 11:12:27 AM »
It's been a while. Haven't had the time to game the big games.. but I actually decided to get my hands on terminal games like Pacman4Console, nSnake which I am trying out. I find them eerily calming. ^_^