Author Topic: Password in live usb not working  (Read 2272 times)

anyuferrari

• View Profile
Password in live usb not working
« on: January 21, 2017, 04:07:59 PM »
Hello, I want to check out wattos.

I boot it up from an usb, and the login screen comes up. I then try logging in with the 'guest' username and blank password (I've also tried entering 'blank' just in case) but each time the password is wrong.

What could be the problem?

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
Re: Password in live usb not working
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 05:35:17 PM »
Try with "live". And welcome to the wattOS forums. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:51:39 PM by blaze »
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

... and when SOLVED, please edit thread title in first post! :)

anyuferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 09:30:12 PM »
No,  'live' didn't work.
And thank you!

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 02:06:06 PM »
Hi there and welcome anyuferrari.
Did you get this sorted out? How did you create your bootable iso on usb? We need more info.

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 02:27:45 PM »
As leenie says, we need more info. Historically it seems that wattOS has practiced "guest" as login name, and left that password blank. Did not find any info about that in the release announcement of R10.

Tried to run a live session in vbox  this morning, but due to some weird graphic crap it did not work. And I do not remember from last time I run R10 live either. Sorry.  :(
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »
When I installed wattOS R10 to my Dell Inspiron, I was not prompted for password in the live usb. I used UnetBootin to create live usb from my wattOS R9 on my main pc. I set it up for autologin (when installing) and was prompted for password the first time I rebooted into new system. After that autologin worked fine.

BTW blaze, I couldn't upgrade my main pc because of my ATI Radeon HD5450 graphics card. Apparently the (forced on us) open source drivers do not work with some graphic cards like mine. With no option for fglrx, a lot of gamers are dissapointed and cannot upgrade to the new version.

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 12:15:25 PM »
Decided to check this. Did a direct download of R10 LXDE 64bit. Wrote it to usb with the dd command. Booted it, and was automatically logged in to the desktop.

So my best suggestion to you anyufeerari is to start from scratch. And please post more information of your modus operandi.

Thank you.  :)