Author Topic: Lollypop "please unlock your device"  (Read 1842 times)

Zak

• View Profile
Lollypop "please unlock your device"
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:50:16 PM »
I am trying to use Lollypop for the first time and have inserted a CD.  When I open Lollypop and click on Audio Disc, I get a message in the right panel that says "Please unlock your device" and it has a picture of an IPOD.  I don't have an IPOD connected to the computer.  I can't figure out how to play and extract CDs.  I have looked at the Lollypop website and couldn't find much info. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Zak

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lollypop "please unlock your device"
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 01:57:49 AM »
Did you burn this music CD? I know Windows Media Player converts the music file so it could only be played in their player. Maybe ipod does the same. Have you tried an original CD that you bought?

Zak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 04:22:13 AM »
Hi Leenie - thanks for the reply and sorry I wasn't clear.  This was not a burned CD.  It is an original purchased CD.

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 12:38:10 PM »
I found this: "If lollypop fails to detect your music:" "Check you have gstreamer-libav or gstreamer-fluendo installed"

Excerpt from here: https://github.com/gnumdk/lollypop/commit/f91b27d2f018e1842c1997e960f1d099d5e53115

When you installed wattOS R10, did you install that third party software?

Zak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 05:43:56 PM »
Thanks Leenie.  I will look into that.  Funny thing is, it detects all my music on the PC just fine.  Just is having problems with the CD.