Author Topic: R10 Microwatt OS - Best Linux distro of 2016?  (Read 5263 times)

Mike

Re: R10 Microwatt OS - Best Linux distro of 2016?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 04:19:34 PM »
You're welcome! I look forward to seeing creative ways that you use i3 in the future.

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 11:29:59 PM »
Well, I don't do a lot of configuration. I just get the basics down and go from there...you know...change the outward appearance and just go from there.

You've definitely given me some food for thought though! It's looking like I'll be making the switch to Microwatt barring any unforeseen impediments!

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 03:23:00 AM »
Microwatt is just stinkin' awesome!  ;D ;D ;D

That's right...STINKIN'!!!

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 10:19:49 PM »
Still haven't decided on whether to go full install with Microwatt or not.

One thing occurred to me...in a sense, i3 is inherently a bit more secure than other systems. An average computer user wouldn't have a clue what to do if they sat down at an i3 computer to try and use it.  ;D

Just for fun, I think I'll sit my wife and daughter down in front of it just to see their reactions.

bob

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 07:44:19 PM »
Still haven't decided on whether to go full install with Microwatt or not.

One thing occurred to me...in a sense, i3 is inherently a bit more secure than other systems. An average computer user wouldn't have a clue what to do if they sat down at an i3 computer to try and use it.  ;D

Just for fun, I think I'll sit my wife and daughter down in front of it just to see their reactions.

Sounds like a great idea, do it and record it. ;)

I love how simple i3 is to work, yeah, you have to figure it out etc but windows key + b = web browsing. I can quick shortcut kodi and all my other apps. it's just awesome!

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 02:47:10 AM »
Sounds like a great idea, do it and record it. ;)

Well, I had my wife try it yesterday. It was a fun time!  ;D  She knew something was up, but she was a good sport. After clicking around on the desktop and the bar a few times, she asked me if it was some kind of joke since I was laughing. So I had her press mod + b and then told her how to close it. I briefly explained how the system works...THEN...I told her that basically, a user has to memorize which different keys to push to open different programs, and she gave me one of those "can I just slap you now" looks and got up from the computer.  ;D

teejay

• wattOS Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2016, 03:00:24 AM »
..... or you could supply a cheatsheet     ;)