Author Topic: Official - New wattOS R10 info thread  (Read 9312 times)

teejay

• wattOS Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Official - New wattOS R10 info thread
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 01:18:10 PM »
@Dan
Perhaps Biff has made a significant change, as you mooted ..... this text from the FAQ :
The current wattOS build is based upon i3 window manager and LXDE to provide a friendly but fast user interface .........................

No mention of Openbox, even for the mainstream LXDE edition.

biffster

• wattOS - head nerd
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 10:04:14 PM »
Hi all----thanks for working together to figure out the few "niggling" things that have occured with R10. As suggested by some I will probably add a blog entry on the main page about the USB mouse/keyboard issue even though its not a universal issue (I used three USB mice and keyboards and none of them exhibited the problems until I switched to a MS mouse). But I have no problem doing that, and if it helps the community, then I am all for it. So I will try to roll up the "known" issues into one entry I think....look for that this weekend.

I will also post a Microwatt update over the weekend. Anticipate its release in the next week.

tks,
biff

biffster

• wattOS - head nerd
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 04:25:14 PM »
Hi folks....quick note for those who might not look. There is a new blog post that updates the "known bugs" posting and links back here to the forums, and a small Microwatt update.

http://planetwatt.com/new/index.php/2016/09/12/wattos-r10-known-bugs-and-issues-update/

Bottomline on Microwatt is that there will be a release of that sometime in this coming week. (between the 12th and the 19th) :) - have a great day...

biff

bob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 07:38:33 PM »
Only 4 more days! YAY.

Thank you, biffster.

I have moved my main desktop over to WattOS and the speed is unreal. so FAST. i3 6100, 8gb ddr4, 120gb ssd. this system with WattOS is like a match made in heaven!
I also use it on my older desktop and very old 1gb desktop. really looking forward to Microwatt so I can unleash it on my 1gb system.

Thanks again, bro. the work you're doing is amazing!

Keep rocking.

Bob.