Author Topic: using WattOS for music player  (Read 2471 times)

aussieg

• View Profile
using WattOS for music player
« on: June 22, 2016, 08:16:20 AM »
Was looking to use an old aspire one zg5 as a music player and needed a lightweight Linux and stumbled across WattOs.  Perfect removed audacity replaced with Deadbeef playing music on hard disk and USB discs and  interenet radio,  Pithos (pandora) and Spotify app and Pilse audio volume control.  WattOS picks up any USB DAC I have tried with it.  Perfect for my needs with such a low ram usage.  Big thanks as this was just what I wa looking for.  Also using it as dual boot on my sony i7 processor set up exclusively for photography based onn darktable/  Somehow you need to spread the word about this excellent distro

teejay

• wattOS Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: using WattOS for music player
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 03:35:41 AM »
Welcome to wattOS.
Sounds good to me     :)

The ZG5 came with different component mixes - what are you working with ?
If you ever find yourself low on resources, have a look at microwatt.  Same heritage as the flagship LXDE version but lower resource.  You will need to do a bit more to get setup, but there's a helpful video available.

aussieg

• View Profile
Re: using WattOS for music player
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 07:46:44 AM »
Thanks for that.  Yes I will explore microwatt.  THe ZG5 is the 160gb hard drive model and WattOS and a $30 ebay bateery have brought it back from the bottom of the cupboard pile