Author Topic: WattOS R9 32-bit installation problem  (Read 3066 times)

Johny

• View Profile
WattOS R9 32-bit installation problem
« on: March 04, 2016, 10:57:32 PM »
Hi everybody,

I wanted to install the newest WattOS to my Samsung NB30 netbook (2GB RAM, Intel Atom N450 1.66 GHz), since I found out it could really improve the performance of this old netbook. But during installation I encountered an error that I am not able to solve.

I created bootable USB using both mintstick and Universal USB Installer and everything went fine. After booting from the USB I chose the "live - boot the Live system" option from the menu (tried also the other two options, nothing works). After that all I get is command line with message that says:
"(initramfs) mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on //filesystem.squashfs failed: Invalid argument
Can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs"

I tried really hard, but cannot figure out what to do. Could anybody please help me solve this problem? :-)

teejay

• wattOS Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: WattOS R9 32-bit installation problem
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 11:41:44 PM »
Welcome to wattOS, Johny.
The search of wattOS forums doesn't reveal any other NB30 post, so no joy there. 
As a troubleshooting step, I suggest you check the USB on (say) a desktop ..... can you get to a live system on a PC ?  If not, then check the integrity of the download.

The first line of your error message gives many hits in a google search - looks like this has been happening plenty, from 2010 forward.  This one is from Oct 2015 Ubuntu forums and is marked as solved - why not start there ?
  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2300910 

teejay

• wattOS Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 11:48:18 PM »
@Johny
I have just read the whole of that thread in the Ubuntu forums - not sure it's as useful as the heading suggests. 
Maybe try another from your google search using the error msg text
Apologies for the (possible) sidetrack.

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 06:02:40 PM »
Hi Johny and welcome,
You never said if you were making the usb stick from Windows or Linux. I suggest that you use Unetbootin. Format stick to FAT32 first, then use the Unetbootin tool to make the usb stick. Also, a friend of mine installed wattOS R9 on a netbook similar to yours. Be hooked to the internet when you get the installer to run. You may have to use "Additional Drivers" to get your wireless card to work.