Author Topic: SOLVED: R9 Acer Aspire One Power Mangement  (Read 1764 times)

HLA91

• View Profile
SOLVED: R9 Acer Aspire One Power Mangement
« on: June 02, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »
Hi All,

I've installed R9 on my old Acer Aspire One I found in the cupboard and its running lovely, its been  few years since I last used WattOS.
Once thing I am struggling with though is I don't seem to have any option to Suspend or Hibernate options available in the power Manager options. I can suspend  from the main power menu, but when the laptop wakes I get prompted for my password by the Xscreensaver login Screen when I have selected in my login preferences for auto-login there is also a terminal error showing in the background
"xscreensaver: 20:32:32: could not execute "anemone": no such file or directory"
"xscreensaver: 20:32:32: 0: child pid 6433 (anemone) exited abnormally (code 1)"

When I click hibernate an error shown on the bottom of the list showing shutdown, suspend etc :
"GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied:Operation not permitted"

Am I missing something really simple?

Thanks

HLA91

P.S. I didn't know if this should be under General or R9 so sorry if it's in the wrong place.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:19:23 AM by HLA91 »

biffster

• wattOS - head nerd
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: R9 Acer Aspire One Power Mangement
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 05:41:22 PM »
Hi there,

One thing I can tell you from the error below is that the screensaver mentioned in the error code (anemone) is not installed by default - only a small subset of them were included with the image to keep size smaller, and require the installation of addiitonal packages for them all. (xscreensaver-extras and xscreensaver-gl-extras) so that would be one thing, but you can manually pick also in the screensaver app.

Another thing to try is to install the pm-utils package from synaptic, or from command line - "sudo apt-get install pm-utils" and that should add the suspend/hibernate in the power manager as a menu option.

enjoy.....biff

HLA91

• View Profile
Re: R9 Acer Aspire One Power Mangement
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 08:50:13 PM »
Cheers Biff its working now. I had read about pm-util but I didn't want to start installing things trying to fix it until I kew I wasn't missing something. I'm just waiting for my new battery to arrive so I can see how long the battery life is going to be but so far the perfromance has been great, Intel Atom Dual Core + 1GB RAM and curently its using 18% CPU and 277MB Ram with chrome open, top notch!!!