Author Topic: nginx and wattOS R8  (Read 2803 times)

jcarvalho

• View Profile
nginx and wattOS R8
« on: April 14, 2015, 12:14:24 AM »
Hello guys, this is my first post and not a good one  :-[
Î need some help, I found this nice distro some days ago and I decided to try it (tired of Mint and that Cinnamon crap always crashing when updated)
I have installed the R8 LXDE 64bits and tried to install nginx, php5, php5-fpm and another stuff. the problem is that I had some errors installing those progs (PAM errors and some more), I have forced an apt-get --reinstall install those packages. But I keep getting the page unavailable error from nginx, looking on logs I have found this:
 2015/04/14 01:10:37 [crit] 7354#0: *1 connect() to unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock failed (13: Permission denied) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: localhost, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "localhost"
On www.conf I have these entrys
listen.owner = www-data
listen.group = www-data
listen.mode = 0660

But I think that there is a problem with accounts and groups, so the question is: where on hell can I find the UI for users and groups??? I have searched on menu but there is nothing.... Can some one give me a little help? this problem is getting me nuts. I dont know how many times I have installed R8  :( :( :( :(
Thanks,
Jorge

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:51:56 AM by jcarvalho »

teejay

• wattOS Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: nginx and wattOS R8
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 12:57:40 AM »
Welcome Jorge.
Looks like you're building a LEMP server.  I have no experience of this, so I'm unable to address the errors you found - perhaps someone else can do so. 
To address your direct question :   it isn't unusual for Debian-based distros (such as R8, but including many others) to have no GUI tool for user management.   You will find references (Debian Administrators Manual by Hertzog is terse at times but comprehensive) and also practical tutorials online, for the command line actions relevant to user management in Debian. 
You do need to find a relatively recent webpage - the use of adduser seems to have matured in recent versions; you should find commands for passwords and groups in the same places.

Good luck. 

jcarvalho

• View Profile
Re: nginx and wattOS R8
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 12:49:32 PM »
Hi! Thanks for the help!!!!
I didn't know that debian distros don't have GUI for managing users and accounts  :-[
I was using Linux Mint for some time ago (founded the Portuguese Linux Mint Translation team with the approval of Mr. Clem). I just changed to this distro because it is very fast and light and Ĩ was tired to see cinnamon entering on "fallback mode" after some apt-get update and upgrade messing up my setup and I dont know how to recover that (I sucks on Linux). I am too old to take that sh@t. So I decided to give this distro a chance and I am looking forward to R9. I solved my problem using a port instead a socked. But I already know how to fix my problem.
Thank you for your kind help!
Jorge