Author Topic: Update  (Read 2494 times)

biffster

• wattOS - head nerd
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Update
« on: April 11, 2015, 07:45:51 PM »
Hi all...quick note.

Slowly working on simplifying and cleaning up the home page and posted a general announcement there today.

wattOS R9 will be going into beta testing very soon and some of you will be getting beta invites to test the LXDE 32 and 64bit version first. (you probably know who you are)

Look for a posting in the next couple days outlining the settled apps, development, and information. Time to get this done and your patience will be rewarded I believe :)

Also - going to turn registrations back on this weekend and lets see how the spam can be handled. :)

biff

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 06:47:45 PM »
No worry boss, take your time  :)
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

... and when SOLVED, please edit thread title in first post! :)

lordmmx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 12:23:15 AM »
i liked the old homepage why get rid of it?  :(

nassausky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 12:11:10 PM »
Very excited about the new release. 

2 questions:

1) Will there be a quick and easy way to remaster the disk to add in a couple custom programs? I did this a couple times in the past and there was always quirks that took it an hour to do.

2) Any very small chance you can add qt4-fsarchiver and gparted.  It would be great to use this also as a quick disk/partition cloning tool.  I am carrying way too many live distributions and it would be nice to put this one in and have it quickly boot to backup and restore with a nice GUI like qt4-fsarchiver.

Just crossing fingers..