Author Topic: MATE - mozo - Menu Editor - Not Opening  (Read 3283 times)

cuscotravelservices

• View Profile
    • Cusco Travel Services
MATE - mozo - Menu Editor - Not Opening
« on: August 04, 2014, 02:30:09 AM »
Hi Biff et al,

I think I am experiencing similar problems as with alacarte in the LXDE version.

mozo is included in the ISO but when I run it as guest or sudo I get the following response.

Code: [Select]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/mozo", line 22, in <module>
    from Mozo.MainWindow import MainWindow
ImportError: No module named Mozo.MainWindow

The following observations may also be related.

Right-clicking on Applications and then clicking on the Edit Menus does not open any window.

System/Preferences/Main Menu does not open any window.

Clicking on Main Menu in the Control Center does not open any window.

I'm only guessing here (still a Linux newbie) but are these issues anything to do with Permissions in the Live USB environment?

Thanks, Michael.

PCNetSpec

cuscotravelservices

• View Profile
    • Cusco Travel Services
Re: MATE - mozo - Menu Editor - Not Opening
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 09:31:22 PM »
Answered here:
http://planetwatt.com/newforum/index.php?topic=26.msg83#msg83

I downloaded and installed the package.

mozo starts but the only changes that take effect are when a Checkbox for an Item is unchecked. I can see the change immediately in the Main Menu, for example, if I uncheck Iceweasel for the Internet Sub-menu.

However,  if I uncheck the Accessories item for the Applications menu, the change is not reflected in the Main Menu.

Adding a New Item is "saved" within the mozo editor but the Main Menu remains unaltered.

Adding a New Sub-menu is "saved" within the mozo editor but the Main Menu remains unaltered.

Thanks, Michael.

cuscotravelservices

• View Profile
    • Cusco Travel Services
Re: MATE - mozo - Menu Editor - Not Opening
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 04:28:55 AM »
Not sure what, if anything, I did significantly different this time but after getting to the desktop and making some changes as before, such as DPI %, Deleting the Bottom panel, moving the Top panel to the Bottom, I then installed the "unoffical" package again and this time my modifications were immediately reflected in the Main Menu.

The only time something didn't immediately appear was when adding a Sub-menu which didn't yet have an Item associated with it.

Now, I'll have to revisit alacarte again in LXDE.

Hasta luego, Michael.