Author Topic: Microwatt 64bit  (Read 3638 times)

elija

• View Profile
Microwatt 64bit
« on: August 02, 2014, 06:11:28 PM »
I love the idea of WattOS but only have 64 bit hardware with lots of RAM; lucky me right?

I haven't tried WattOS yet as the one I am interested in is only 32 bit. Is there going to be a 64 bit version of Micro?

zephyr

Re: Microwatt 64bit
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 06:40:18 PM »
I certainly second that, 64 bit would be an excellent idea for Microwatt, great looking openbox. I use Crunchbang and Sparky openbox, along with VSIDO fluxbox, i like the minimal, simplistic approach to an operating system.  I don't know if the monitor resolution is affected not to read my HDMI monitor and doesn't show the 1360 X 768 which I have with Watt OS 64 bit LXDE, Microwatt only shows 1024 X 768. I sure that would be fixed as well with a 64 bit Microwatt OS.

vieq

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 09:34:35 AM »
That sure makes me the third one to ask for a MicroWatt 64Bit!

Damnnit, I 'll halt my decisions for replacing my current desktop tell I get a MicroWatt 64Bit!

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »
Well it will be interesting to hear what ideas biffbaxter have for next release. Especially if it will include a 64bit release of microWatt.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

... and when SOLVED, please edit thread title in first post! :)

vieq

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 01:29:00 AM »
I am counting on it, after thinking having a PEA kernel won't cut it; I still need my full horse's power not my entire RAM :/

Will see what comes next.

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 06:23:53 PM »
Please remember though that biffbaxter is just one person with a life!  :) And that WattOS is made for a little bit older hardware. So maybe therefore the main focus will  be 32bit. I do not know, but am looking forward to news about the future for WattOS. But if it is very important for anyone to have a 64bit Openbox, there is plenty to choose from.

w
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

vieq

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 03:10:30 AM »
I 'll tell you why I am looking for a 64Bit OpenBOX  :)

I own a machine with enough power to run GNOME and alternatives and still left with enough space to run extra 5-7 power extensive apps..

Ahhh, that's the thing ... I just hate wasting power on something I am only getting a little of hence the UI!

That's why I always craved low foot print apps when it comes to UI, not all of it of course but at least I would not be wasting 1GB for Gnome and another for FF!

Let it be a 100MB for my DE/WM and the rest for what ever the hell I am running!

Another thing is I grew patience-less configuring every single peace of software I am using ... I just to get stuff done.

So, yes you're correct .. but .. I am just a new comer let that be my excuse and hey! I can wait, what else am gonna do any way :D

Right? :D

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 03:45:52 AM »
Right  :) And with the Debian freeze  less than a month away... So with a little patience measuared in Debian  time  ;D all will cool.

vieq

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »
Amen :D