Author Topic: new guy here  (Read 3295 times)

nanaki

• View Profile
new guy here
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:38:40 PM »
Just figured would do a short intro and fire off some questions. First im from ohio and a 45 years ild been a computer tech for the last 25 years so far loving wattos. Though i was hoping for a bit more battery life. So with that said is there any tweaks to get even more currently only getting aroudn 2 hours 15 minutes on the extended battery for a elite book 2170p and i should get more than that i would think. Watt os is dual booting with windows 10 pro. Just seems like i should hit more around 3 and half to 4 hours batt life. So any tips pointers etc would be apreciated 

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: new guy here
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 01:21:19 PM »
Hi and welcome. Maybe use microwatt?

nanaki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 08:42:33 PM »
It is actually to stripped down. I might redo it in a couple days and install fluxbox though. Mostly i3 dm is just way to minimal :p

But so far loving this little os battery life is better or at least as good as my windows 10 boot. At the moment i just cooked my fluxbox install some how editing the keys file so goign to need to redo that. Once i get it back up and running ill tweak flux to my liking fully save the config files to my other comp redo every thing minus win 10 and give microwatt another go and install flux on it.

My goal is to hit 4+ hours battery im at about 2.5 now so i suspect i can get to or above that mark. Heck on a ubuntu 16 10 on a chrome book with flux i had better than 24 hours hehe. With this 2170p elitebook that should be not much harder. I got my eye balls on a little 128gb ssd mini pcie drive for boot and let my hd power down.

BTW is there a active irc chan for wattos?

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 01:01:17 PM »
We were using Rockerchat. Don't know if it's still up. I check forum several times a day. You can always send message.

nanaki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 02:16:57 PM »
yes but irc is so damn much fun :p

Any how other than the widnows manager what makes micro watt different from wattos Just a in general not like every detail lol. Like are there different kernels between the 2 that i could change fairly easy? Basically a hybrid between wattos and micro watt.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 02:18:56 PM by nanaki »

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 09:45:26 PM »
http://planetwatt.com/newforum/index.php?topic=931.0  This is info about microwatt r10. I can't find list to compare.

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 09:10:49 AM »
Hi nanaki, welcome and nice to meet you. :)
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

... and when SOLVED, please edit thread title in first post! :)