Author Topic: wiki dead?  (Read 3184 times)

jan6

• 1337 hax0r
    • View Profile
wiki dead?
« on: November 03, 2017, 10:45:26 PM »
hi, I'm new here, but...wiki's first page is placeholder for r10...and not updated since 2016...meanwhile looking at the forums I see there seem to be plans for r11 by now...
I'm pretty sure that even a single person could write up something in a year...
also, has this whole community always been extremely quiet, or is it also practically-dead? I see a few posts from this year but the next post below it is often already a year old, and the freenode channel was absolutely empty when I checked, no idlers, no nothing...
I'm just interested...maybe it's just so perfect that nobody's having any issues, I wouldn't know...although I do know that when installing to virtualbox and selecting the "set up apt stuff during install" then apt refused to work, and by extention synaptic too...looks like some directories missing or something, all was fine when that option was left unchecked...

pezfeo

• View Profile
Re: wiki dead?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 08:43:33 PM »
Just not a very talkative group,  seems like they used to be a bit more talkative.
It seems that new versions used to be released in a more timely manner, 
but I think one of the main people in the project has had less time to work on
 new releases due to more duties at work (or something like that, maybe?).

I've encountered 2 problems using WattOS. 
 1.) making a network share folder was made more difficult
 2.) VLC - was difficult to get to install, worked a few months and started black-screening.

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 09:34:18 AM »
Hi guys! wattOS is mainly a one man show, and he has a life. So sometimes certain priorities has to be made.

But please ask away if you need assistance, there might be a good idea lurking in the shadows.  8)
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

... and when SOLVED, please edit thread title in first post! :)

leenie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 12:45:56 PM »
We are all watching the forum.

jan6

• 1337 hax0r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:11:29 AM »
It would be a good idea to either say in the wiki that's it's dead on the wiki itself, or update it, or something...it's showing as if it'll be updated in the next 72 hours or so, but hasn't been updated since last year, really...
main page has link to the wiki, but wiki lacks any info about r10 while r11 is already discussed at forums...
and stuff...

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 07:53:03 PM »
Welcome to the forums jan6! I hope you enjoy wattOS. I can understand your frustration, but the world is not a smooth perfect running place. So you have to live with..."or soemthing" I am afraid. Other than that, see answers from me and leenie above. :)
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

... and when SOLVED, please edit thread title in first post! :)

biffster

• wattOS - head nerd
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 05:17:35 PM »
Hi jan6 - thanks for the feedback - yep the wiki needs a custodian. I have asked for some assistance with that but it has not really manifested itself. It will get more current once R11 sees the light of day.

tks
biff