Author Topic: Wattos R10 32 bits run from live-cd...but can't install !  (Read 3094 times)

Le_Rebelle

• View Profile
Wattos R10 32 bits run from live-cd...but can't install !
« on: September 22, 2017, 01:05:21 PM »
Hi,

first of all, sorry for my english (like me : old and rusty lol)...Well, i've downloaded Wattos R10 to install it on an "ordinosaure" ;-).

Before burning it on a dvd, i've done with success a complete installation under virtualbox.

The live cd is running fine too.

But i can't install the OS directly on my hard disk....each time, the installer crash at the end of the installation with a message "ubiquity has crashed"....

Anyone here can help me to finally done a successfull install of Wattos R10 ?

Thanks !
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:05:01 AM by Le_Rebelle »

cheiron

• Global Moderator
  • Site Moderator for Planetwatt.com
    • View Profile
Re: Wattos R10 x64 run under virtualdub and frome live-cd...but can't install !
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 05:35:58 PM »
Can you list pc specs please... processor, ram, hard drive, previous os on the pc before you tried this.

Just gives us a bit more to sink our teeth into :)

biffster

• wattOS - head nerd
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 07:53:08 PM »
Also please give us any details on installer options selected on install. If you try to encrypt your home directory on install, or install updates, or select 3rd party updates, etc. all can make the installer crash.

Also please note if you are installing on wireless or wired, etc. Any details are helpful :)

tks
biff

Le_Rebelle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 06:55:40 PM »
hi all !,
in fact, this is the 32 bits version of wattos who crash at the end of the installation with an ubiquity error.

well, the brand new computer is like this : AMD Athlon XP 2800+ (32 bits) on an HP Pavilion A 139 fr with 2 GO of DDR 400 and an splendid new IDE hard drive (80 Gb)...motherboard Asus A7N8X-LA.

I try several times the installer (with and without 3rd party packages, with and without online updates)...all connected to the interned by a wired lan.( no wifi at all on this PC)

I have another PC of the same generation but with a different hardware...i will try soon and i'll see ;-).

Like Terminator said "I will be back" ;-)

Le_Rebelle

• View Profile
Re: Wattos R10 32 bits run from live-cd...but can't install !
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 01:18:48 PM »
Well, i replie to myself :-D

I've downloaded wattos i686 3 times....try to install it on various old pc (PIII, Athlon, celeron) and, all the time the same thing : ubinquity has crashed at the end of the installation....am i the only one here with this problem ?

blaze

• wattOS Veteran
  • blazing away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 03:41:34 PM »
Have you tried any other distro which is targeting old hardware?

For example antiX.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

... and when SOLVED, please edit thread title in first post! :)

Le_Rebelle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 09:12:26 AM »
Hi,

for now, these olds computers are running fine with Lubuntu 16.04 LTS....i've tested wattos r10 x64 on my own computer (amd FX 6100 + 8 Go DDR3)....same end : ubiquity crash at the end of the installation.

Curiously, i've tried to install the 32 bit version under Virtualbox and no problem, under virtual environment, Wattos R10 run smoothly....i really don't know what is the reason why Wattos seems to crash each time i try to install it on physical hardware (i also install deepin on some PCs and no problem)....each try of installing wattos : same result : ubiquity crash....

many try with update download and 3 party software actived...crash....leaving all options on defaults....crash.....perhaps ubiquity don't like french's pcs ? :-D

bye