Author Topic: Ricing Microwatt?  (Read 1184 times)

globetrotterdk

• View Profile
Ricing Microwatt?
« on: May 21, 2017, 07:22:49 PM »
Hi,

I am looking for ricing advice. I have a new MicrowattOS R10 install on a laptop with an i7 processor, so it isn't because I don't have enough processor power or ram. I installed Microwatt because it is a solid, stable system with i3wm. There are things that I would like to do to make this system more like PeppermintOS or BunsenLabs. In otherwords, not just changing the desktop picture and maybe adding Conky (though I plan on doing that). I would like to change the file manager among other things (thinking of Nemo or Caja), but feh would still have the desktop. Other things are possible as well, that is why I am looking for suggestion and advice. I use the laptop for music creation/production (mainly MuseScore, LMMS, Frescobaldi and Rosegarden). I would also like to use the machine as a bit of an advertisement for creative types that I come in contact with that otherwise usually use Mac. That doesn't mean that I want it to look like a Mac however. I want to make it user friendly and appealing in an alternative way. Any suggestions, or advice? Thanks.

There are most certainly follow-up questions that will pop up, as I (for example) have never swapped the default file manager on a stock install.