Forums » Suggestions

Artwork section

• 7 posts
    September 7, 2012 3:08 AM PDT

Hi please can we have a watt os artwork section for people to post there custom made wallpaper, logo, icons etc.

Speaking of icons ive looked all over the net for some largish watt os transparent icons so i can make my own custom wallpapers for my installation but there is nothing out there if anybody has any of these things please post.

• September 7, 2012 7:08 AM PDT
    lee stark said:

Speaking of icons ive looked all over the net for some largish watt os transparent icons so i can make my own custom wallpapers for my installation but there is nothing out there if anybody has any of these things please post.

You might want to try going into the folder /usr/share/lxde/images, or http://www.fabiovisentin.com/tutorial/GIMP_transparent_image/gimp_how_to_make_transparent_image.asp .

This post was edited by Deleted Member at September 7, 2012 7:08 AM PDT
    • 7 posts
    September 7, 2012 10:54 AM PDT
    Dave . said:
    lee stark said:

You might want to try going into the folder /usr/share/lxde/images, or http://www.fabiovisentin.com/tutorial/GIMP_transparent_image/gimp_how_to_make_transparent_image.asp .

Many thanks dave but i was really looking for larger images those icons loose to much of there quality when you enlarge them and tend to look blurred.

• 563 posts
    September 7, 2012 3:11 PM PDT
    Hi Lee - the original wattOS stock logos are not on the web site or generally out there as they were made by a friend of mine. So I have the original Hi-Res logos/artwork. I will consider placing them up there for others. Look for an update later this weekend as I am home catching up...

tks....biff
    • 7 posts
    September 8, 2012 2:13 AM PDT
    biff baxter said:
    Hi Lee - the original wattOS stock logos are not on the web site or generally out there as they were made by a friend of mine. So I have the original Hi-Res logos/artwork. I will consider placing them up there for others. Look for an update later this weekend as I am home catching up... tks....bif
    Thanks biff ofcourse there is absolutly nothing wrong with how watt os looks straight out of the box its just one of my little pleasures makeing my own look, i have to say this is an excellent distro just what i was hopeing for alot of people who found out there would not be a linux mint 13 lxde lts or a lubuntu 12.04 lts jumped its highly recomended on the mint forums.
  • September 10, 2012 1:11 PM PDT

Yeah, an artwork section would be appreciated, I have one ready and available for WattOS R6....

• 7 posts
    September 14, 2012 6:48 AM PDT

Anymore news on the watt OS artwork biff?.

• 563 posts
    September 18, 2012 11:32 AM PDT
    I will try to get that setup this coming weekend as I will be back at wattOS world HQ and have some time to upload the stock :)