Forums » Suggestions

Watt OS for Powerpc

• 15 posts
    August 15, 2012 9:12 AM PDT

I know, I know. I already bugged you about this. But since there's already a Lubuntu Ppc version, couln't ya' just...

• 53 posts
    September 10, 2012 8:19 PM PDT
    Tell me you have an IBM Power11 Series, and not an iMac; or somehow failed in making remastersys pick up Lubuntu (the water-based Linux for getting along better...) packages and otherwise making reasonable translation efforts?
    • 2 posts
    April 19, 2013 3:46 PM PDT
    I'm looking forward to see a version for powerpc... a reaaly light and faster version... just using debian...but...but...
    • 2 posts
    April 19, 2013 3:46 PM PDT
    using a ibook A1007... I need it!
    • 53 posts
    June 26, 2013 6:48 PM PDT

Yeah, I can see how that would cramp up hard if it were running Mac OS X 10.4 or even OS 8ish. You should probably stow a HD for booting to 8 somewhere, but to use it FreeBSD should work pretty well, not least because running XFS alone is a thing of joy. On the other hand, relying on FireWire (does it even have that?) for scanning, webcams and spare drives sounds a bit slow. It might be better still to compile a system just for the uses you plan, and accomplish reliability and responsiveness or confusing Mac envy that way.