Forums » Suggestions

An R5B in April

• March 2, 2012 9:01 AM PST

After 12.04's release, why don't you release an R5B, so that we won't be hanging around with an outdated OS for most of the year?or even make R6 with nothing but R5+12.04?With the exact same apps,themes,wallpapers,etc?

• 563 posts
    March 3, 2012 9:41 AM PST
    Hi Dave - I release wattOS twice a year following the major ubuntu releases, so there will be an R6 on 12.04. It will not be in april. Historically its in the summer (June-July) - last year it was later (early August) as it is dependent on my travel schedule (I travel a lot) and workload. But no worries you will see another release. I have been on generally the same schedule for 3 years.

biff
  • March 3, 2012 11:54 PM PST
    No, I mean the problem is that your releases are getting more behind Cannonical's schedule with every release. So perhaps the release based on Precise should be nothing more than an update made for R5 + restoring the customisations you made for it's original version which was made for Oneiric, without, say, getting new Wallpapers or change apps or making a new Installation Slide show. Just make no changes except that it will be based on Precise, so that you won't need too much time after Cannonical does it's job of releasing Ubuntu.
    • 53 posts
    March 15, 2012 11:24 PM PDT
    Maybe Dave . could use a bootable USB drive with sliders for novelty…stability, a dial for the year of the lowest supported hardware, and a pair for the minimum depth and scope of polish required in applications. (A 'working clipboard' button that spoilsports…?) Maybe a nice row of DIP switches for languages permitted for apps (let's learn Portuguese!)

Why ask your suppliers to replace themselves with a script when you can ask for a Wolfram Alpha query that replaces them wholesale with a cloud? (That it goes sour like sacred sites in Stephen King novels is part of the fun.)