Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hello from Eastern PA

• 2 posts
    April 4, 2014 3:05 PM PDT

Hello everyone, my name is Toshi. I am a Japanese-American living in Eastern Pennsylvania. I am totally new to Linux, and I am REALLY HAPPY to discover WattOS & this community.

My employer dumped some WinXP computers, and I pick up this laptop literally from the dumpster. It is Dell Inspiron 2500 with Celelon 900Mhz & 256MB Ram. I tried few distros sorta unsuccessfully, and finally  I found Microwatt! Thank you! What a joy to give a new life to 12 year old computer. It has been working great. I am using both English & Japanese on it, and works beautifully.

I am a musician (drummer) in the Philly area, but I also work in some churches in the area. I just became a grandfather, and that is way scary (I feel I am still 28 in spirit). :)

Thanks again, and see you!

Toshi

• April 9, 2014 11:39 PM PDT

I reply Japanese.

以前から見ていましたが、ここに日本人がいないようだったので、

書き込みがある事を嬉しく思います。

個人が作った日本語版があるので、利用していた人はいたんですけど、

やはり英語の敷居が高いでしょうか。

こんな書き込みがあると日本からも投稿がでてくるかもしれません。

気になったら引き続き投稿して下さい。

• 2 posts
    April 10, 2014 12:47 PM PDT

Thank you Shiga-san for your message. I am intentionally writing my message in English. But I can read & write in Japanese.

I have seen some of your Linux websites, and have been very much impressed by them. Thank you so much for your effort and for your very informative pages. They provide the excellent introduction to Linux (in Jpanese), and they have been helping me a lot.

Please keep in touch, and thanks again. I am very happy to jump into the world of Linux as a whole. これからもよろしくお願いいたします。

Toshi